Tuesday, 9 February 2016

poster development











This is the development of the poster i created for our film. Karo edited the image by changing her eye colour, the blood, adding the vein effect over the skin and also he changed the brightness and contrast of the image, 

I then used Dafont.com to create the typography shown on the poster, I downloaded the fonts to the mac so that i could use them with all of the keyboard and also with variants of size and colour. I ensured to use margins to make all of the components in line and thus look more professional like a real media text. I used reds and whites for the fonts to make sure the poster followed the colour scheme set out for the media text. I used the font 'I still know' by Dafont.com for the title of the film as it is sleek and modern however has cracks and slight erosion on the text thus relating to the meaning behind the title name and the film itself. I used 'an unfortunate event' for the majority of the typography on the poster as it is alike the font that 'Carrie' (2013) uses. I used it as it does not take away from the title and also is not too elaborate as this could then cross the line of scary to then become comedic. I used a textured background as we wanted the image to correlate to the storyline and name of the the film thus the textured background i used was a rusting piece of metal: 



I played around and adjusted the brightness and contrast of the image as well as rotating it to make it portrait and then manipulated it to make it fit the poster. I made it a dark brown and added a gradient to the image also to ensure to make the two images blend and appear to be as if they are in the same photograph. 


No comments:

Post a Comment