
Today I edited and manipulated the image for the final magazine. I put a black background behind the image in a background layer and then downloaded a texture to put it into a badge to apply in an off-black grey colour to make the background image textured rather than plain black. I did this to link to the name of our film as detritus links to decay thus the background is damaged and speckled.

I then decided to brighten the hue of the red on the image and add a gradient to the background to make the image blend in more. I then darkened the contrast and brought down the lightness.
I changed the name of the magazine to Macbre and then downloaded a font to use. I then looked at two magazines (below) by Scream and are using them for reference whilst making. This is shown in the placement of my image and composition of the film title and puffs to ensure the magazine is as conventional to the horror genre.
I moved the puff to the right up next to the magazine name so i could put the issue number and price there in a conventional way. I also added the plus banner at the bottom of the page as it is conventional and used by Scream magazine.
I added an image to the right of my main image just like Scream magazine does thus making mine conventional. This is featuring of another student film 'Angela' and to the left the film 'The Blind Spot'.





No comments:
Post a Comment